Tuesday, October 23, 2007

San Diego devastated by the fires.


WOW, when I wrote the last post I didn't think it was going to get as ugly as it is. A couple of hours after I posted we had to get kicked out of the school because the air conditions were bad and there was a fire in San Ysidro, really close to my house.

So we all went home after a chaos created by alarmed parents waiting for us outside the school and then I went home to find out how bad the situation is. Me and my family have been glued to the TV waiting for the news updates about it. Every single local channel has been covering the fires non-stop. I have also called a lot of my friends that live in the East County to see If they were good.

We went to sleep with the fear that the fires might reach the part of Chula Vista where we live and we woke up we found out there was mandatory evacuation in parts of Eastlake (about 10 min. driving distance from my place), and recommended voluntary evacuation where I live. We had our stuff packed since yesterday and were only waiting to get official confirmation from Reverse 911.

Thank god, the fire in Chula Vista has just cleared out. Still, every high school in San Diego county has canceled classes for the rest of the week. The authorities are telling us to save energy and volunteer for all the affected people that lost their houses, especially in zones like Poway and Rancho San Diego. I'm going to try to volunteer tomorrow and on the weekend.

I want to thank god for letting us being safe, and for taking care of my friends and family. Thanks to all of my friends who were worried for me and were texting me throughout the whole ordeal, especially ADAM LEE and KAITLIN SCHLUTER (you guys are the bomb!). Thanks Adam for offering your house to evacuate.. Thank god we didn't have to..

PLEASE KEEP ON PRAYING BECAUSE THERE IS STILL A LOT OF PEOPLE IN NEED. HOPEFULLY TOMORROW THE CONDITIONS WILL HELP STABILIZE EVERYTHING. WE WILL PREVAIL.

No comments: