Tuesday, July 1, 2008

MUSIC REVIEW: John Mayer- Where The Light Is (John Mayer Live in Los Angeles)

John Mayer is by far, my favorite musician ever. Since the release of his first album he has managed to capture me with his talent, and my all-time favorite song is a John Mayer classic, "Stop This Train" from his last album, which is an anthem to me. In this new live CD recorded at the Nokia Theater in LA last December, Mayer is undoubtedly at his best.

The way he commands the audience is just undeniable and the soul he put into the album makes you get into the song. Since the beggining to the end, this live record is onee of the most enjoyable productions of this year. The best part of the album is when John Mayer joined by "The John Mayer Trio" play "Out of My Mind" and Mayer comes out with an AMAZING guitar solo that would've brought me to tears If I had them. Every single hit from his career like "Stop This Train", "Daughters", "Neon", "Waiting For the World to Change", and the soulful "Gravity" (also one of my faves) are the highlights of this production. My only complain would be the absense of "Your Body Is A Wonderland".

It would've been amazing as well to have Mayer speak more to the audencie, especially because I found him to be really charming, smart and funny, and one of the most down-to-earth celebrities out there. There is really no wrong done in this album and it will leave you wanting for more. You will wanna run and buy a ticket for Mayer's upcoming American tour right away. Sucks that I'm not going to be in San Diego when he comes here. John Mayer is a soulful, rocking, and talented songwriter and one of the best in the business. And this album just proves it once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.