Monday, September 3, 2007

A full of "labor" weekend

So much for "Labor Weekend". Hanging out with the family on Friday, doing a shitload of homework on Saturday, movies and dinner with Kaitlin and Adam on Sunday and an useless trip to Tijuana and helping my cousin move to another house today... It was clearly the busiest weekend in a while.. And life just gets crazier for me now. This week my cousin comes from Mexico for a couple of days before leaving to Vancouver, Canada for six months! Wow.. that's amazing, I wanna do that! And then I get work on Tuesday and I go help my aunt on her job on Thursday. I have my english speech that day and then I have to turn in early all of my work of Monday and Tuesday of next week. Then Friday we have my cousin's farewell party at that new club in TJ, Zokalo. And then on Saturday I have the Incubus Concert with Briana and Sunday I leave to Vegas.

Then, I come back and have 3 grueling days of finals and then my mom's birthday on Friday and we leave for a month on Saturday. I'm not going to be in San Diego till' October 6th. So now I'm just trying to soak everything in. Because I may have to study for the SAT while I'm on vacation.. gosh... I love this craziness.

Today I was in TJ and this guy came to ask for money and told us he had been deported from the US and that he was hurt with a wire trap on his arm while trying to run away from immigration officers.. He had this huge cut and it smelled so bad, it was so sad. Some people criticize the immigrants but they don't realize that in order for this people to do something as dangerous as cross the border illegally they must be desperate. Desperate for a better life and better opportunities.. And they deserve an opportunity.

This type of situations make me think about those people. And I, as a young man, can change the situation for them. And I will try to make it. So long for this injustices, so long..

2 comments:

J. M. said...

"Some people criticize the immigrants but they don't realize that in order for this people to do something as dangerous as cross the border illegally they must be desperate. Desperate for a better life and better opportunities.. And they deserve an opportunity."

Amen, brother.

Anonymous said...

you still surpriseme with your speeches :´( everytime i read something you wrote with your heart i fell so happy really cousin you are so nice and gently :D I love You..