Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life Update!



Hello kids! Wow, it has defitinely been a while. I am located now in what I believe is the most beautiful city the world has, Guadalajara, Jalisco in Mexico. This is the place I call home, the place I lived in for all my life and that I left when I was going to begin High School. This past few weeks have been really exciting but exhausting as well. From San Diego to Vegas, to San Diego again, to Chicago and then Canada, then back to Chicago, then Mexico City and now I'm here in Guadalajara. I'm going to try to resume a little all that happened on this past weeks.

Chicago was great. My family lives over there in a pretty little suburb north of Chicago called Carpentersville, IL. After doing the usual tourist trip on Downtown and going to a few eating hotspots (Gino's in Downtown, and Niko), we got to hang out with the family, including my grandma from my dad's side who is living there. Then we packed our bags, went on mapquest and got a map from Chicago to the Niagara Falls. My dad was kind of scared but we decided to go for it. So we rented a car and drove 10 hours to the beautiful city of Niagara Falls, Ontario. The falls are probably the most beatiful sights I have seen in my life. As my mom told me, "If there was any doubt that God existed, this is one more proof". It was breath-taking. We went on this ship that took us right on the middle of the Horseshoe Fall. It was pretty incredible for me to see on one side of the Falls Canada and on the other the United States. Then we went on to this beatiful walk down the river and on this underground expeditions through the falls. We also went to a butterfly observatory which I thought was lame, but my mom loved it.

After getting to know the city and the main attractions, my dad looked at the map and realized the city of Toronto was about an hour and a half driving from where we were, so we decided to go there and spend the night over there. Guys, Toronto is the shit. Walking through Downtown, you can see all of this different types of cultures, fashion, such an elegant and cosmopolitan city. A lot of young people going in an out of the innumerable nightclubs all over the city. Everything is full of lights and the people there seemed so interesting. Unfortunately I didn't get to see much, but I defitinely want to come back. After going to some hotels, we realized Toronto was probably the most expensive city we've been in so we decided to go outside the city and stayed in a pretty good hotel for the same price of a Motel 6 in Downtown.. ridiculous. The next morning we drove over back to Chicago but we stoped over in Detroit and Gary, Indiana, where Michael Jackson was born. But then.. we got lost, twice. First, on Indiana we took the wrong exit and ended up in a ghetto. So my mom asked me to ask a lady at a bus stop if she knew how to get back to the freeway and I was about to ask him and the bitch started fighting with another girl across the street. Oh my god, we were so scared, so we just left. I don't like ghettos, man. And the other one on Downtown Chicago on the way back. Guys, If you think driving on Downtown San Diego is stressful, you haven't seen anything yet.

Well, our last days in Chicago were good, a bit of shopping and bonding with my family over there, whom I barely see. My aunt Esmeralda offered me to live in Chicago with her If I decided to attend Northwestern University. I went there and is so freaking beautiful. And I know Kaitlin wants to go there, hehe. I don't know man, I will see. Maybe it will be a good option after my NYU hopes are just over. Okay, okay, so after two different flights and a ton of problems on the airport (which I don't want to remember anymore, but thanks mom for your exceptional packing abilities!!!) we arrived here. After 10 hours on two different planes I was super tied, but we went straight to my aunt Bertha's birthday party. And everybody got drunk. But I was asleep through all of that. On this days while I'm here, I've been to the pretty little town of Tequila where they shot that mexican soap opera that's so popular now, went to my other uncle's birthday party and yesterday I helped my cousin shoot a documentary. I got to use a steady cam (It's so fucking heavy!) and then last night I had dinner and movies with some cousins.

Now, I'm writing this in my house and I'm leaving soon. My dad just called. Oh right, so I miss you all and I'm kinda starting to get homesick for all this traveling. Hopefully I will see y'all when i get back ok? Love you all and peace out, bitches!!!

No comments: